Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bottle Painting Part-2

I painted this bottle for a friend, who wanted to preserve one of her bottles for personal memories. The bottle is The Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch. I was happy to see the bottle was a lighter green than the Cabernet Sauvignon I had painted before. This would mean the design on it is more conspicuous without back-lighting.

As before, I preserved the label, and painted with only a permanent marker. This time, I decided to base the design on the memories that my friend associated with the bottle. The whole design is sort of a collage of sketches, almost symbol-like, each representing a different memory, spun all around the smooth round surface. I wanted it to look like an abstract collection, that would be aesthetically pleasing and interesting to a viewer, but understood completely only by the owner, so that she could be reminded of a different memory each time she looks at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment